Low carb granola bars
- 3 oz. (92⁄3 tbsp) 85 g (140 ml) almonds
- 3 oz. (4⁄5 cup) 85 g (200 ml) walnuts
- 2 oz. (61⁄3 tbsp) 55 g (90 ml) sesame seeds
- 2 oz. (7 tbsp) 55 g (100 ml) pumpkin seeds
- 1 oz. (22⁄3 tbsp) 28 g (40 ml) flaxseed
- 2 oz. (2⁄3 cup) 55 g (150 ml) unsweetened finely shredded coconut
- 2 oz. 55 g dark chocolate with a minimum of 70% cocoa solids
- 6 tbsp 6 tbsp coconut oil
- 4 tbsp 4 tbsp tahini (sesame paste)
- 1 tsp 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tsp 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 pinch 1 pinch sea salt
- 2 2 large egglarge eggs
- 3 oz. 85 g dark chocolate with a minimum of 70% cocoa solids, for garnish (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Mix all the ingredients in a blender or food processor until they are coarsely chopped.
- Spoon the mixture into a 7 x 11" (18 x 28 cm) baking dish, preferably lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for 15–20 minutes, or until the cake has turned golden brown.
- Let cool a little and remove from the baking dish. Divide into 20 or 24 pieces with a sharp knife.
- Melt the chocolate in a water bath using a double boiler or microwave oven.
- Dip each bar in the chocolate, but just about 0.5" (1 cm) or on just one side. Let cool completely.
- Keep in the refrigerator or freezer.
Just use your favorite nuts and seeds or what you have on hand. A healthy nut and seed mix could consist of equal parts of almonds/hazelnuts/macadamia nuts, pecan nuts/walnuts, sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, sesame seeds, and flax seeds.
The tahini (sesame paste) can be substituted with almond or nut butter. But remember that, for example, peanut butter has a lot more carbohydrates than sesame paste. Let your imagination run wild!
Recommended special equipment
Blender or food processor
Optional ingredients are not included in the nutritional information.
Thanks, Lynn! So glad you love this recipe!
Thank you for your feedback! Those tweaks sound delicious.
Unfortunately our nutrition information does not calculate or track resistant starch amounts.
Thanks for the heads up, Sally! I will let our team know.
I think all recipes should state solid or liquid and this would solve the issue.
I also didn’t have an issue with crumbling.
Overall, I am very happy with the recipe. Thank you.