Low-carb funghi supremo pizza
- 4½ oz. 130 g , shredded
- ½ cup (2 oz.) 120 ml (55 g) mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1⁄3 cup (11⁄3 oz.) 80 ml (38 g) almond flour
- ¼ cup (12⁄3 oz.) 60 ml (50 g) chia seeds
- ¼ cup 60 ml water
- 1 1 large egglarge eggs
- 1 tsp 1 tsp salt
- 3 tbsp 3 tbsp ground psyllium husk powder
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp unsalted butter
- 4 oz. 110 g fresh, sliced mushrooms
- 1½ oz. (7 tbsp) 45 g (110 ml) thinly sliced thinly sliced
- 3 3 garlic clove, mincedgarlic cloves, minced
- 1 oz. 28 g lightly packed kale, minced
- ¼ cup (2⁄3 oz.) 60 ml (20 g) shredded Parmesan cheese
- ¾ cup (3 oz.) 180 ml (85 g) shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 oz. 55 g cream cheese
- ½ cup 120 ml
- ½ oz. (32⁄3 tbsp) 14 g (55 ml) minced, fresh parsley
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C). Line a 15 x 10" (38 x 25 cm) baking sheet, or similar sized pan with parchment paper.
- Add the pizza crust ingredients to a medium-sized bowl. Mix together, and then knead the mixture, until it becomes a firm dough.
- Place the dough on the center of the parchment paper. Put another parchment sheet on top of the dough, and then flatten it with your hands or rolling pin, so that it is evenly spread across the pan, forming a rectangular crust. If there are some thicker edges, remove with a knife and then redistribute to any areas where the dough is sparse.
- Pre-bake in the oven for about 15 minutes or until slightly golden, and then set aside to cool. While the crust is baking, prepare the Funghi topping.
- Melt the butter in a large frying pan over medium heat. Sauté the mushrooms for about 5 minutes, or until lightly browned, and then add the minced scallion and garlic. Stir together until the scallions become tender and translucent. Reduce the heat to medium-low.
- Pour the heavy whipping cream into the mixture, and add the cream cheese. Stir until the cream cheese is melted and has slightly thickened. Add the kale and parmesan, stir until combined, and then remove from heat.
- Evenly spread the mushroom sauce over the pizza crust, leaving 1/4" (0.5 cm) of the crust edges bare. Sprinkle the mozzarella cheese and parsley over the sauce and season with salt and pepper.
- Bake on the middle rack for about 15 minutes, or until the mozzarella is bubbly and slightly golden. Set aside to cool for a few minutes, and then slice to serve.
Leftover chicken is a great addition to the topping and ups the protein. Proscuitto or sliced ham makes a nice addition, too.