Kristie’s Southern summer keto tomato pie
- 1¼ cups (3½ oz.) 300 ml (100 g) shredded Parmesan cheese
- ¾ cup (3 oz.) 180 ml (85 g) almond flour
- 1⁄3 cup (1¼ oz.) 80 ml (35 g) oat fiber*
- 1 1 eggeggs
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp butter or coconut oil
- ¼ tsp ¼ tsp salt
- 5 (1¼ lbs) 5 (550 g) large tomato, slicedlarge tomatoes, sliced
- 1⁄3 cup (2 oz.) 80 ml (55 g) finely slivered red onionfinely slivered red onions
- ½ cup 120 ml mayonnaise
- 1¼ cups (5 oz.) 300 ml (140 g) cheddar cheese, shredded
- ½ tsp ½ tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp 1 tsp dried basil
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C). Mix parmesan cheese, almond flour, oat fiber, egg, butter and salt. Press into a 9” (23 cm) pie plate, being sure to press the crust up the sides. When the crust is ready, bake for 15 minutes, then allow to cool.
- Arrange sliced tomatoes on the cooled crust. The slices should cover the crust and be about two slices deep. Arrange the onion on top.
- In a separate bowl, combine the mayonnaise and cheese. Spread the mayonnaise mixture over the tomatoes and onions, and out to the edges of the crust to "seal" the toppings.
- Sprinkle dried oregano and dried basil over the top. Bake for about 30 minutes. The topping will be browned and bubbly when done. Let set for at least 10 minutes before serving. Enjoy warm or cold!
* The oat fiber can be replaced with 2 tbls of coconut flour (for one pie).
For more flavor, sprinkle chopped, cooked bacon over the tomatoes before baking the pie.