Keto lemon cheesecake cookies
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 2½ tbsp 2½ tbsp water
- ½ cup (4 oz.) 120 ml (110 g) unsalted butter, softened
- ½ cup (4 oz.) 120 ml (120 g) cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup (32⁄3 oz.) 120 ml (110 g) erythritol
- 1 tsp 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp 1 tsp lemon zest
- ½ tsp ½ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp ¼ tsp salt
- 3 cups (12 oz.) 700 ml (325 g) almond flour
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Mix the chia seeds with water and let sit for 10 min until the mixture becomes gelatinous.
- Use a hand mixer or stand mixer to cream the butter and sweetener. Add the cream cheese and mix until smooth.
- Add the chia mixture, vanilla, lemon zest, baking powder, salt. Slowly incorporate the almond flour until a soft batter comes together.
- Use a small cookie scoop or a tablespoon to place the cookies on the parchment paper. Use the back of a spoon to lightly flatten the cookie dough to roughly 2” (5 cm) diameter cookies.
- Bake for 15 to 18 minutes until the cookies are lightly browned. Let cool for 15 to 20 minutes before serving.
If you're using a convection oven, the baking time will be a few minutes less. Keep an eye on the cookies to make sure they don't brown too much on the top.
These cookies can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 5 days and in the freezer up to 2 months.