Keto “corn” fritters
- 3½ oz. 100 g cauliflower, cut into florets
- 1 1 eggeggs
- ¼ tsp ¼ tsp salt
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp (15 g)
- ½ tsp ½ tsp (2 g) erythritol
- 1 tsp 1 tsp anise seeds, or fennel seeds.
- ½ cup 125 ml coconut oil
- Pulse the cauliflower in a food processor until it has the texture of polenta, or coarse cornmeal.
- Add the cauliflower, egg, salt, coconut flour, erythritol, and anise seeds to a small bowl, and mix together with a spatula, until well combined.
- Heat the oil in a small frying pan (about 7" or 18 cm) over medium heat.
- Carefully scoop tablespoons of the cauliflower mixture into the oil, frying no more than 3 at once.
- Fry until they turn golden brown, turning to cook evenly on both sides (about 2 ½ minutes per side).
- Remove from the oil and place on a paper towel to remove excess oil. Serve immediately.
You can serve these as a snack, but it also works great as a side to a meat dish of your choice. As a dinner side, we suggest doubling the ingredients to make twice as many. You can also serve these on top of a salad for another delicious main course.
Did you know cauliflower comes in colors other than white? We used yellow cauliflower for this recipe because it looked more like the original corn fritters, but white cauliflower works and tastes the same.
Feel free to substitute the anise seeds for fennel seeds or caraway seeds.
You can also leave out the erythritol for a more savory version.