Keto chocolate chip cookies
- 1 cup (4 oz.) 240 ml (110 g) almond flour
- ¼ tsp ¼ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp ¼ tsp cream of tartar (optional)
- ¼ tsp ¼ tsp salt
- 1⁄3 cup (2½ oz.) 80 ml (70 g) erythritol
- 2½ oz. 70 g unsalted butter, softened
- 1 1 large egglarge eggs
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 oz. (31⁄3 tbsp) 28 g (50 ml) sugar-free baking chocolate chips
- In a small bowl, whisk together the almond flour, baking soda, cream of tartar, and salt. Set aside.
- In a separate large mixing bowl, combine the granulated sweetener and butter using an electric mixer on low speed. Add the egg and vanilla and mix until well combined. Add the dry ingredients and mix together over medium speed. Stir in the chocolate chips, until blended together.
- Place the cookie dough in the center of a 12 x 9” (30 x 23 cm) sheet of plastic wrap or parchment paper. Shape the dough into a log about 1 ½"-2" in diameter (5 cm) and 10" (25 cm) long. Wrap the plastic wrap around the dough and refrigerate for at least 3 hours or overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Cut the dough into 12 equal slices and place on the baking sheet. Gently press down on each slice to slightly flatten. Make sure they are at least ½" (1 cm) apart. Bake for 8-10 minutes on the middle rack, until the edges are golden and the cookie has slightly spread.
- Set aside to cool on the baking sheet for at least 15 minutes, or until completely cool to touch. As the cookies cool, they will become firm and ready to be enjoyed!
When using cream of tartar, the chemical reaction with the baking soda creates a fluffier cookie. If omitting, the cookies will be a bit thinner, yet still tasty.
You can also add chopped nuts such as pecans, hazelnuts, macadamia, or almonds to the dough for an extra crunch!
These cookies are only the beginning!
This simple cookie can also be the base of other low-carb treats. Use them to make our delightful ice cream sandwiches, press into a crust for our decadent no-bake cheesecake, or crumble with some whipped cream for a simple, but impressive dessert!