- 2 2 egg yolkegg yolks
- ½ tsp ½ tsp honey or powdered erythritol
- ¼ tbsp ¼ tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 1 orange, juice and zestoranges, juice and zest
- ¼ cup 60 ml brandy or other dark liquor i.e. rum or bourbon (optional)
- 1 cup 240 ml
- 1 pinch 1 pinch ground nutmeg
- Whisk egg yolks, honey or sweetener and vanilla extract until the mixture is fluffy.
- Add some orange zest. A fourth of an orange is enough for a distinct orange flavor.
- Add four tablespoons orange juice and/or liquor. Mix well.
- Whisk the cream and carefully stir down into the egg batter.
- Pour into glasses and let chill for 15 minutes so the eggnog has time to develop taste and consistency.
- Sprinkle freshly grated nutmeg on top and serve.
It's difficult to whisk egg yolks fluffy without sweetening, which is why there's a little bit of erythritol in this recipe. Feel free to leave it out. We use raw egg yolks, but if you don't feel comfortable doing so, we recommend buying pasteurized eggs.