Scrambled eggs in a mug
No time for breakfast? Think again! 1 mug, 2 eggs, 3 minutes. Here comes an almost instant version of one of the best and easiest keto dishes — fluffy scrambled eggs. Served with canned tuna, bell pepper, and chives, this is a nutritious and quick keto breakfast on the go.
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp butter, room temperature, divided
- 2 2 large egglarge eggs
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp heavy whipping cream
- 1 pinch 1 pinch salt and pepper
- 2½ oz. 70 g tuna in water, drained
- 1¼ oz. (32⁄3 tbsp) 35 g (55 ml) green bell pepper, cut into strips (1/4 medium pepper)green bell peppers, cut into strips (1/4 medium pepper)
- 1 tsp 1 tsp finely chopped, fresh chives
This recipe has been added to the shopping list.
Making low carb simple
- Grease a large cup or mug with butter.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the eggs, heavy whipping cream, salt, and pepper. Pour egg mixture into the cup or mug (a maximum of two-thirds full, as the eggs, will gain volume while cooking).
- Microwave at maximum power for about 1 minute. Remove and stir, turning over the scrambled egg. Microwave for another 30 seconds to 1 minute, or until firm, yet moist. Set aside. Note: the eggs will keep cooking when removed from heat, so try not to overcook.
- Add the remaining butter to the eggs, stir, and let cool for a minute.
- Serve the scrambled eggs with tuna, bell pepper, and chives.
You can exclude the cream if you want to avoid dairy products.
From the Tip! Section directly under the recipe - "Serve scrambled eggs with finely chopped chives, tuna and slices of bell pepper to enjoy a nutritious and quick meal!"
I agree!! Sometimes I will melt a little cheese on top too.
We have not tested this recipe in the stove. If you don't have a microwave oven, you may be better off with a traditional stove top scrambled eggs recipe.
Yes, if that's how you prefer tuna, that's fine!
You may like this recipe!
If it's on the first Monday of a meal plan, you should have leftovers from dinner the night before. If this is your first Diet Doctor meal plan, you can use any of our recipes that look good to you. For the 2nd Monday, there will ONLY be a lunch on the meal plan so that you cook enough on Sunday night to have leftovers as you start your new week - that extra lunch will plug into the blank spot on the meal plan you choose for next week.