Keto vegan tofu scramble
- 13 oz. 375 g firm tofu, drained
- ¼ tsp ¼ tsp turmeric
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp nutritional yeast
- ¾ cup 180 ml unsweetened almond milk
- salt and pepper
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp fresh chives, finely chopped (optional)
- In a large, non-stick frying pan, break the tofu into bite-sized pieces. Don’t make the pieces too small, as they break down further while cooking.
- Over medium heat, stir in the turmeric and nutritional yeast, until well combined. Cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the almond milk and simmer for an additional 10 minutes, stirring occasionally until the tofu becomes slightly creamy.
- Season to taste and serve garnished with chopped chives.
Serve the vegan tofu scramble with some vibrant veggies fried in coconut or avocado oil, for example, sliced tomatoes, baby spinach, red or green peppers, chopped kale, or asparagus. And of course, avocados work with anything.
Products made from soy, like tofu, can provide a good source of protein for vegetarians and vegans who follow a low-carb diet. Full DD food policy on soy