Nutrition70% Fat16% Protein5% Carbs
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C). Mix the dry ingredients in a bowl.
- Bring the water to a boil and add it, the vinegar and egg whites to the bowl, while beating with a hand mixer for about 30 seconds. Don’t over mix the dough, the consistency should resemble Play-Doh.
- Moisten hands and form dough into 4 or 8 pieces of bread. You can also make hot dog or hamburger buns. Place on a greased baking sheet.
- Bake on lower rack in oven for 50–60 minutes, depending on the size of your bread. They’re done when you hear a hollow sound when tapping the bottom of the bun.
- Serve with butter and toppings of your choice. Store the bread in the fridge or freezer.
Sprinkle seeds on the bread before you pop it into the oven – poppy seeds, sesame seeds or why not some salt flakes and herbs?
If you make this recipe into 6 pieces of bread they each contain about 2 grams of carbs.
Do your breads end up with a slightly purple color? That can happen with some brands of psyllium husk. Try with another brand, like this one.