Seasoned keto avocado crackers
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 3 tbsp 3 tbsp water
- 12⁄3 cups (6½ oz.) 400 ml (190 g) almond flour
- ½ cup (2½ oz.) 120 ml (75 g) sesame seeds
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp Parmesan cheese, finely grated or nutritional yeast
- 1 oz. 28 g avocado, mashedavocados, mashed
- 1 tsp 1 tsp paprika powder
- ½ tsp ½ tsp onion powder
- ¼ tsp ¼ tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp 1 tsp chili powder (optional)
- 1 tsp 1 tsp black sesame seeds
- sea salt, for topping
- Preheat the oven to 340°F (170°C).
- Combine the chia seeds in a small bowl with the water. Set aside to rest for 5 minutes.
- Place all the ingredients, including the chia mix, into a food processor or large bowl and pulse or stir until well combined and a dough is formed. If you wish for vegan crackers, use the nutritional yeast in place of the parmesan.
- Roll out the dough between two large pieces of parchment paper until approximately 1/16“ 2-3 mm thick.
- Remove the top piece of parchment paper and season the rolled-out batter with salt flakes. Then, place the baking paper back over the dough and press the salt into the dough.
- Using a pizza wheel or knife, cut into portions (you can cut to any preferred size or shape).
- Lift the crackers up by the edges of the baking paper and transfer them to a baking tray.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes and test if crackers are crisp. Extend baking time if needed. The crackers will continue to crisp when cooling.
Allow to cool completely before storing in an airtight container.
Diet Doctor’s recipe team has slightly adjusted this recipe to follow our guidelines. You’ll find the original recipe at Megan Ellam's Mad Creations Hub.