Protein breakfast wraps
- 4 4 large egglarge eggs
- 5 oz. (1¼ cups) 140 g (300 ml) mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp ground psyllium husk powder
- 4 tbsp 4 tbsp whey protein isolate (unflavored) or pea protein powder (unflavored)
- 1 pinch 1 pinch salt
- 4 tsp 4 tsp Dijon mustard (optional)
- 4 4 lettuce leaves
- 1 cup (7½ oz.) 240 ml (210 g) cottage cheese
- 5 oz. 140 g deli turkey
- 1 (4 oz.) 1 (110 g) tomato slicedtomatoes sliced
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 345°F (175°C) and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place all the wrap ingredients in a food processor. Blend until smooth.
- Use a spatula to spread the batter into about 7" (18 cm) circles onto the prepared baking sheet. The thinner you make them, the more flexible they will be when rolling or folding. If you're making more than two, you will probably need to bake the wraps in batches.
- Bake for 5 minutes or until the batter has set. Remove from the oven. Use a spatula to gently remove the wraps from the baking sheet.
- If you like a charred look and a crunchier texture, fry the tortillas in a dry, hot pan before serving.
- Place one lettuce leaf on each tortilla and top with tomato, cottage cheese, and deli turkey. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Wrap it by folding the bottom part up first, and then fold the left and right sides in towards the middle. Eat and enjoy!
To save cooking time, you can make one big tortilla and cut it into smaller pieces.
Make an extra batch of wraps for the freezer to make breakfast quicker! Layer wraps between sheets of parchment paper and freeze flat in a freezer-friendly bag. To defrost, just place frozen wrap directly on a dry, hot pan.