Low carb vegetarian stuffed zucchini boats
Yowsa. Cheesy, mushroomy heaven. With the deep, delicious flavor of oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes layered in for even more satisfaction. If you are looking for a low carb vegetarian dreamboat, hooboy, have we got your number. Swipe right.
- 2 (14 oz.) 2 (400 g) zucchini
- 1 tsp 1 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 lb (6½ cups) 450 g (1.5 liters) mushrooms
- 4 oz. 110 g butter
- 4½ oz. (92⁄3 tbsp) 130 g (150 ml) cottage cheese
- 6 6 sun-dried tomatoes in oil (optional)
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp mayonnaise
- 1 tsp 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp 1 tsp paprika powder
- 1¼ cups (5 oz.) 300 ml (140 g) mozzarella cheese, shredded
- salt and pepper
- 7 oz. (6½ cups) 200 g (1.6 liters) baby spinach
- ¼ cup 60 ml olive oil
- ½ tbsp ½ tbsp red wine vinegar
- salt and pepper
This recipe has been added to the shopping list.
Making low carb simple
- Preheat your oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Split each zucchini in half, lengthwise, and remove the seeds. Sprinkle with salt and let sit for 10 minutes.
- Blot off the drops of liquid with paper towels. Place the halves in a greased baking dish.
- Clean and trim the mushrooms and cut it into small pieces.
- Fry the mushrooms in butter in a skillet over medium heat and season to taste.
- Chop sun-dried tomatoes and mix together with the fried mushrooms, mayo, cottage cheese and spices, plus a third of the grated cheese. Season to taste.
- Distribute the mixture into the halves of zucchini and sprinkle the remaining cheese on top.
- Bake in the oven for about 20 minutes or until the cheese turns a nice golden color.
- Mix oil, vinegar, salt and pepper into a simple vinaigrette. Prepare the salad and dress with the vinaigrette. Serve alongside the zucchini boats.
Zucchini size varies; plan for about ½ pound per serving. You can use larger zucchini, just divide them into smaller servings. For more variety, feel free to use this tasty low-carb vegetarian stuffing in eggplants or bell peppers.
Thank you Verity! We will take a look at the other recipes.
Only thing I was confused about was what’s the recommended amount? 1 boat or are you able to have more?
I am so glad you loved this one even without a sauce :)