Low carb vegan vanilla protein shake
- ½ cup 120 ml coconut milk
- ½ cup 120 ml unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp almond butter
- 1 oz. 28 g frozen cauliflower rice, raw
- 4 tbsp 4 tbsp pea protein powder (unflavored)
- ½ tsp ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Place the ingredients into a blender and blend until smooth.
- Pour into a tall glass and enjoy.
Try different flavors
Use this vanilla shake recipe as a base and try adding these ingredients for different versions:
Cocoa powder, fresh mint and spinach, brewed espresso or strong black coffee, raspberries (fresh or frozen), blueberries (fresh or frozen), or avocado.
Recommended special equipment
Blender or food processor
You could add the powder with the cocoa, but adding additional ingredients would change the nutritional value of the recipe. You would need to recalucate based on the ingredients you use.
You can use our suggestions under the Instruction steps to experiment with different flavor combinations.
Yes, that would work well! Just keep an eye on the ingredients in the protein powder as many have artificial sweeteners.
That is going to depend on how large or finely chopped the cauliflower is.
It has not been tested with peanut butter, but you could certainly try it!
It adds protein and helps to thicken the shake.
I'm not sure I would recommend that as the cauliflower helps thicken the shake. You would not get the same consistency.