Low carb vanilla berry cheesecake
This no-bake, low carb vanilla berry cheesecake is easy to make and absolutely delicious. It's the perfect healthy dessert with fresh berries on top and a vanilla bean-infused filling.
- 1¼ cups (5 oz.) 300 ml (140 g) almond flour
- 2 oz. 55 g butter, melted
- ½ tbsp ½ tbsp erythritol
- ½ tsp ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 lb (2 cups) 450 g (475 ml) cream cheese, room temperature
- 3 tsp 3 tsp unflavored powdered gelatin
- 3 tbsp 3 tbsp boiling water
- 2 oz. (41⁄3 tbsp) 55 g (65 ml) erythritol
- 1 cup 240 ml heavy whipping cream
- ½ tsp ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1 seeds of vanilla beanseeds of vanilla beans
- ½ lb 220 g mixed berries (frozen)
- 1⁄3 cup 80 ml water
- 1½ tbsp 1½ tbsp chia seeds
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp erythritol
- ½ ½ lemon, juicedlemons, juiced
- ½ tsp ½ tsp lemon zest
- 1 oz. (3 tbsp) 28 g (45 ml) fresh blueberries
- a few leaves of fresh mint
- ½ tsp ½ tsp lemon zest
This recipe has been added to the shopping list.
Making low carb simple
- Line an 8" (20 cm) round springform tin with parchment paper and set it aside.
- Heat a small frying pan over medium heat, add the almond flour, and stir until lightly golden. Do not allow the almond flour to burn as it will leave a bitter taste.
- Add the toasted almond flour into a mixing bowl and all remaining base ingredients. Mix well.
- Evenly spread the base mixture over the bottom of the prepared tin. Press down to form an even layer. Place the prepared base in the fridge to set while making the filling mixture.
- Using a sharp knife, split the vanilla bean in half, scrape out the seeds, and set the seeds aside.
- In a small bowl, combine the gelatin, erythritol, and boiling water. Stir until dissolved with no lumps. Set aside.
- Using an electric mixer and another bowl, whip the room temperature cream cheese until smooth.
- Heat the gelatin mixture in the microwave for 30 seconds to one minute until just melted.
- Pour the melted gelatin into the whipped cream cheese. Whip with an electric mixer until smooth.
- Add the cream, vanilla extract, and vanilla bean seeds to the cream cheese and whip for 3 to 4 minutes. Pour mixture over the prepared base. Smooth and level the top.
- Allow to set for six hours or overnight, covered, in the fridge.
- To make the berry compote add all compote ingredients to a small pot and bring to a boil, stirring until the sauce thickens. Adjust sweetness with erythritol to taste. Set aside and allow to cool completely.
- To serve, top cheesecake with berry compote, fresh blueberries, a sprinkle of grated lemon zest, and fresh mint leaves.