Low-carb orange and gingerbread cheesecake
- 2 lbs (4 cups) 900 g (950 ml) cream cheese
- 1 cup 240 ml
- ¾ cup (5½ oz.) 180 ml (160 g) erythritol
- 2 tsp 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1 orange, the zestoranges, the zest
- 1 1 orange, peeled and cut into smaller piecesoranges, peeled and cut into smaller pieces (optional)
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp pomegranatepomegranates (optional)
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp fresh mint (optional)
- Pre-heat the oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Mix all of the ingredients for the crust in a bowl or food processor to create a coarse mixture.
- Use your fingers or the bottom of a measuring cup to press the crust into a 9" (23 cm) springform pan. Press the crust evenly into the bottom and up the sides of the pan. Refrigerate the crust for 10 minutes.
- Measure all of the ingredients for the filling into a large bowl. Use a handheld mixer or a stand mixer to whip all ingredients until fluffy (about 5 minutes). A paddle attachment is ideal to make the filling smooth and fluffy throughout.
- Remove the prepared crust from the refrigerator and bake for 10-12 minutes. Let the crust cool completely before pouring the filling into the crust. Smooth the top using a spatula or spoon.
- Cover the cake with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least three hours or overnight.
- Remove the springform pan just before serving by running a thin-bladed knife around the edge to loosen the crust from the sides of the pan. Open the clamp and expand the sides of the pan and release the bottom.
- Garnish the top of the cheesecake with orange, pomegranate, and fresh mint.
Recommended special equipment
- Springform pan, 9" (23 cm)
- A handheld or stand mixer
You can save time by not baking the crust. Simply pour the filling into the unbaked crust, and put it in the refrigerator straight away. The crust will not be as crunchy, but will have a consistency more like cookie dough.