Low-carb huevos rancheros
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 2 garlic clove, mincedgarlic cloves, minced
- ½ ½ orange bell pepper, choppedorange bell peppers, chopped
- ½ ½ yellow onion, choppedyellow onions, chopped
- 1 1 fresh jalapeño, mincedfresh jalapeños, minced
- 1 1 tomato, dicedtomatoes, diced
- 2 2 eggeggs
- ½ ½ avocadoavocados
- fresh cilantro
- Heat half of the coconut oil in a skillet over medium heat.
- Sauté garlic, bell pepper, onion and jalapeño for 3 minutes, or until the onion is translucent and the peppers have softened slightly.
- Add in diced tomatoes and sauté for 5 minutes; set aside.
- Place a separate nonstick skillet over medium-low heat and add remaining coconut oil.
- Slow-cook the eggs for approximately 6 minutes, until the whites cook through.
- Plate the eggs topped with the salsa, and garnish with cilantro and avocado slices.
Be cautious when cooking with jalapeño peppers. Most of the heat lies in the seeds, so for a milder dish, discard the seeds. Make sure to thoroughly wash your hands after handling the peppers, before touching your face or eyes. For extra caution, you can wear rubber gloves.
About this recipe
This recipe was originally posted on “Primal Palate”. Reposted with permission.