A popular breakfast throughout the Americas, huevos rancheros is typically served atop a corn or flour tortilla and with refried beans. We make it low-carb and paleo by ditching those parts, and just adding more of the good stuff!
- 2 tablespoons 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 2 2 garlic clove, mincedgarlic cloves, minced
- ½ ½ orange bell pepper, choppedorange bell peppers, chopped
- ½ ½ yellow onion, choppedyellow onions, chopped
- 1 1 fresh jalapeño, mincedfresh jalapeños, minced
- 1 1 tomato, dicedtomatoes, diced
- 2 2 eggeggs
- ½ ½ avocadoavocados
- fresh cilantro
- Heat half of the coconut oil in a skillet over medium heat.
- Sauté garlic, bell pepper, onion and jalapeño for 3 minutes, or until the onion is translucent and the peppers have softened slightly.
- Add in diced tomatoes and sauté for 5 minutes; set aside.
- Place a separate nonstick skillet over medium-low heat and add remaining coconut oil.
- Slow-cook the eggs for approximately 6 minutes, until the whites cook through.
- Plate the eggs topped with the salsa, and garnish with cilantro and avocado slices.