Low carb cream of pumpkin soup
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp butter
- 1 (4 oz.) 1 (110 g) white onion, choppedwhite onions, chopped
- 4 oz. (1¼ cups) 110 g (260 ml) scallion, choppedscallions, chopped
- 30 oz. 850 g pumpkin, cubedpumpkins, cubed
- 6 cups 1.4 liters water
- 2½ tsp 2½ tsp salt
- ½ cup 120 ml heavy whipping cream
- 1 tsp 1 tsp fresh ginger, grated
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp orange zest
- 2 tsp 2 tsp fresh cilantro, chopped (optional)
- In a large pot, melt the butter over medium heat. Add the white onion and sauté until it becomes translucent, and then stir in the scallions, frying lightly.
- Add the pumpkin and the water to the pot. Bring to a boil, and then reduce to medium-low, simmering uncovered for 20 minutes.
- When the pumpkin becomes soft, use an immersion blender, or transfer the mixture to a food processor and blend, until smooth.
- Return the mixture to the pot and stir in the salt and cream. Cook for 5 more minutes.
- Remove the pot from the heat, and add the grated ginger and orange zest.
- Serve piping hot and garnish with cilantro leaves (optional).
When you cut up the pumpkin, save the seeds: you can use them to make a delicious, crunchy snack! Simply fry them in a frying pan with just a tiny bit of olive oil. Add salt and paprika, step back, and watch how much they are enjoyed by all (don't forget to have some yourself, too!).
Shake it up: this recipe also works great with other vegetables in the squash family, so feel free to experiment.
We are not able to provide a specific measurement for serving size as the recipe may cook down more or less. Divide the finished product by the number of servings the recipe is set for, either by a visual estimate or measuring it out into servings equally.
You could certainly try this with bone broth, however it may change the flavor of the soup.
Yes, that would be fine! Just be sure to check the ingredients to avoid any added sugar or unwanted fillers.
great flavour from ginger and orange. but instead of 2tbsp butter I put in 125g! .. plus 100g mascarpone.. or and a couple of Edam slices..
Makes me feel sad seeing ultralow energy recipes here.. I recommend this site as its a LCHF / Keto, this meal however completely misses the point.