Low carb chocolate seed and nut blocks
- ¼ cup (1¼ oz.) 60 ml (35 g) sesame seeds, chopped
- ¼ cup (1¼ oz.) 60 ml (35 g) sunflower seeds
- ¼ cup (1¼ oz.) 60 ml (33 g) pumpkin seeds
- ¼ cup (1¼ oz.) 60 ml (35 g) slivered almonds
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp erythritol
- ¼ tsp ¼ tsp salt (optional)
- 3 oz. (2⁄3 cup) 85 g (150 ml) sugar-free dark chocolate
- 2 oz. (41⁄3 tbsp) 55 g (60 ml) coconut butter
- 2 oz. (41⁄3 tbsp) 55 g (60 ml) cocoa butter
- unsweetened finely shredded coconut or shaved (optional)
- Mix seeds, nuts, erythritol, and salt (if using) in a medium mixing bowl. Set aside.
- Place chocolate, coconut butter, and cocoa butter in a microwave-safe container. Heat in 30-second bursts, stirring after each burst of heat, until completely melted.
- Add melted chocolate to seed and nut mixture. Stir until well combined.
- Evenly divide the mixture between silicone ice cube trays.
- Refrigerate for a minimum of 1 hour.
- Remove seed and nut blocks from trays. Enjoy!
Roast the seeds and almonds in a dry frying pan until fragrant to maximize the flavor.
Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 4 days or in the freezer for up to 4 weeks.
Top it off with a drizzle of melted chocolate and shredded or shaved coconut.
Diet Doctor's recipe team has slightly adjusted this recipe to follow our guidelines. You’ll find the original recipe in Kim Caruk's book, Fat Bombs – Deliciously Sweet Treats.