Keto gingerbread Bundt cake
The smell of homemade gingerbread filling the house, good ol' fashioned yumminess! This keto gingerbread Bundt-style cake is moist, tender and spicy. And you know what? It has Christmas written all over it!
- 4½ oz. 130 g butter
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp pumpkin pie spice
- 6 6 large egglarge eggs
- ½ cup (32⁄3 oz.) 120 ml (110 g) erythritol
- ½ tsp ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 2 oz. (4 tbsp) 55 g (55 ml) cream cheese, room temperatured
- 1½ cups (6 oz.) 350 ml (170 g) almond flour
- ¼ cup (¾ oz.) 60 ml (25 g) coconut flour
- 3 tsp 3 tsp baking powder
- 1 pinch 1 pinch salt
- 12⁄3 oz. (51⁄3 tbsp) 45 g (75 ml) roasted and chopped almonds (optional)
This recipe has been added to the shopping list.
Making low carb simple
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Grease the bundt pan with butter or line a loaf pan with parchment paper.
- Melt the butter together with the spices on low heat. Allow to cool.
- In a larger bowl, beat eggs, sweetener and vanilla really fluffy with a hand mixer. Stir in cream cheese.
- Mix almond flour, coconut flour, baking powder and salt separately to remove any clumps.
- Mix everything, including the melted butter, into a smooth batter. Let rest for a few minutes.
- Pour the batter into the bundt pan and bake on the bottom rack for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick or skewer inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Allow to cool a bit before removing from the bundt pan.
Decorate with "candied" chopped almonds or nuts. Melt 1-2 tablespoons of sweetener in a frying pan over medium-high heat and add ¼ cup (1/2 dl) roughly chopped almonds or nuts. Combine well and allow to cool.
Traditional food safety rules still apply to these recipes. 3-5 days in the refrigerator and 2-3 months in the freezer.
So glad you love it!
Mine is very pale - maybe because I used ginger and not pumpkin. It seemed to cook nicely, I checked it at 30 mins and it was almost done. Gave it another 7 mins then the skewer was clean.
Left in the tin to cool a while. When I removed it from the tin the bottom of the cake in the centre was not fully cooked, even though the skewer had come out clean.
I will just cut away the central piece which probably accounts for 1 of the 12 servings.
I scraped away a little bit of cake that was stuck to the tin and it tasted really nice. Will have some later with maybe a dollop of whipped cream!
Pumpkin pie spice does tend to be a little darker than just ginger. I hope you love this bundt cake!
Thank you for your feedback. Grams and ml are not a 1:1 ratio for most ingredients, so it's not a cause for concern that they are not the same numbers. We have an international membership, so we offer ingredient measurements in both weight and volume so they can be used by people around the world.
That does sound good!