Keto fried halloumi cheese with mushrooms
- 10 oz. (4 cups) 280 g (950 ml) mushrooms
- 10 oz. 280 g halloumi cheese
- 3 oz. 85 g butter
- 10 10 green olives
- salt and pepper
- Rinse and trim the mushrooms, and cut or slice.
- Heat up a hearty dollp of butter in a frying pan where you can fit both halloumi cheese and mushrooms.
- Fry the mushrooms on medium heat for 3-5 minutes until they are golden brown. Season with salt and pepper.
- If necessary, add more butter and fry the halloumi for a couple of minutes on each side. Stir the mushrooms every now and then. Lower the heat towards the end. Serve with olives.
This keto dish can be cooked with other low-carb vegetables such as zucchini, asparagus, broccoli and spinach. Feel free to use your favorite spices to give this dish more flavor – chili and paprika powder, some herbal seasoning and onion powder or maybe garlic and basil.
You can add it on top of the mushrooms if you want.
The mayonnaise is not listed in the nutritional information as it is listed as an optional ingredient.
It likely won't affect the carb count of the recipe but many people choose to avoid vegetable oils like canola or soybean oil. You can read more at this link.
How can you eat that much of cheese?? Incredible!
I am sorry that you found this too salty! Different brands of halloumi may have different amounts of salt in them. Also make sure and check you are using unsalted butter. The other saltiness could have come from the brininess of the olives.
Hi, Edwin! Our video team isn't able to make a video for every recipe right now, but we do try to make them for our more popular and more difficult recipes.