- 2⁄3 lb 300 g mushrooms
- 2⁄3 lb 300 g halloumi cheese
- 3 oz. 75 g butter
- 10 10 green olives
- salt and pepper
- ½ cup 125 ml mayonnaise (optional)
- Rinse and trim the mushrooms, and cut or slice.
- Heat up a hearty dollp of butter in a frying pan where you can fit both halloumi cheese and mushrooms.
- Fry the mushrooms on medium heat for 3-5 minutes until they are golden brown. Season with salt and pepper.
- If necessary, add more butter and fry the halloumi for a couple of minutes on each side. Stir the mushrooms every now and then. Lower the heat towards the end. Serve with olives.
This keto dish can be cooked with other low-carb vegetables such as zucchini, asparagus, broccoli and spinach. Feel free to use your favorite spices to give this dish more flavor – chili and paprika powder, some herbal seasoning and onion powder or maybe garlic and basil.