High protein chocolate pistachio cookies
- 2 2 large egglarge eggs
- 1⁄3 cup (2½ oz.) 80 ml (70 g) erythritol
- 1 tsp 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp ¼ tsp salt
- 1⁄3 cup (11⁄5 oz.) 80 ml (33 g) whey protein isolate (unflavored)
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 3 oz. (2⁄3 cup) 85 g (160 ml) pistachio nuts, roughly chopped or almonds
- 2 oz. (7 tbsp) 55 g (100 ml) sugar-free dark chocolate, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 350 °F (175 °C) and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Whisk the eggs, erythritol, and vanilla extract until smooth.
- Add the remaining ingredients to the bowl and whisk until combined.
- Use a tablespoon to spoon the cookies onto the prepared baking sheet. It will be thinner than regular cookie dough, but will firm up in the oven. Make sure they are at least 1" (2.5 cm) apart since they will spread more when baking.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until browned.
- Allow to cool for a few minutes. Use a spatula to transfer the cookies to a baking rack to cool completely and crisp up before serving.
We like extra chunky nuts and chocolate pieces for this cookie recipe!