- 1 1 eggplant
- 3 oz. 75 g butter
- 10 oz. 275 g halloumi cheese
- 10 10 black olives
- salt and pepper
- ½ cup 125 ml mayonnaise (optional)
- Divide the eggplant lengthwise and cut into slices that are half an inch thick.
- Heat up a hearty dollop of butter in a large frying pan where you can fit both cheese and eggplant. Alternatively fry in batches.
- Add the cheese on one side of the pan and eggplant on the other. Season eggplant with salt and pepper. Fry on medium high heat for 5-7 minutes or until the cheese is golden brown on both sides, flip it after 2-3 minutes. Stir the eggplant every once in a while.
- Serve with olives.
This keto dish can be cooked with other low-carb vegetables such as zucchini, cauliflower, broccoli or spinach. Feel free to use your favorite spices to give this dish more flavor—chili powder, paprika, onion powder, some herbs, or even freshly chopped garlic and basil.