Halloumi cheese with butter-fried eggplant
- 1 1 eggplant
- 3 oz. 75 g butter
- 10 oz. 275 g halloumi cheese
- 10 10 black olives
- salt and pepper
- ½ cup 125 ml mayonnaise (optional)
- Cut the eggplant in half, lengthwise, and cut into slices that are half an inch thick.
- Heat up a hearty dollop of butter in a large frying pan where you can fit both cheese and eggplant. Or, if you have a smaller pan, fry in batches.
- Add the cheese on one side of the pan and eggplant on the other. Season eggplant with salt and pepper. Fry over medium-high heat for 5-7 minutes. Flip the cheese after about 3 minutes, so that it is golden brown on both sides. Stir the eggplant every once in a while.
- Serve with olives.
Want variety? Swap the veggie! This dish can be made with other low-carb vegetables such as zucchini, cauliflower, broccoli or spinach. And feel free to use your favorite spices to give this dish more flavor—chili powder, paprika, onion powder, some herbs, or even freshly chopped garlic and basil.