Crispy egg-free low carb almond pancakes
- 1 cup (4 oz.) 240 ml (110 g) almond flour
- 3 tbsp 3 tbsp pea protein powder (unflavored)
- 1½ tsp 1½ tsp ground psyllium husk powder
- ¼ tsp ¼ tsp ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp ¼ tsp salt
- 1 cup 240 ml unsweetened almond milk
- 1½ tsp 1½ tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp unsweetened apple sauce
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp coconut oil, for frying
- In a medium-sized bowl, mix together the almond flour, protein powder, psyllium husk, cinnamon, and salt.
- Add the almond milk, vanilla extract and applesauce. Stir together until combined, forming a thick batter.
- Melt the coconut oil in a non-stick skillet, over medium heat.
- Scoop about 3 tablespoons of batter into the skillet, using a spatula to smooth the batter into a pancake about 3" (7 cm) in diameter.
- Cook for 3-4 minutes or until the edges begin to firm, and lightly brown. Flip, and continue cooking for 2 - 3 minutes, or until browned and cooked through.
Keeping the pancakes small makes them easier to flip.
If you eat butter, replace the coconut oil with butter and they will taste even more amazing.