Crispy egg-free low-carb almond pancakes
- 1 cup (4 oz.) 240 ml (110 g) almond flour
- 3 tbsp 3 tbsp pea protein powder (unflavored)
- 1½ tsp 1½ tsp ground psyllium husk powder
- ¼ tsp ¼ tsp ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp ¼ tsp salt
- 1 cup 240 ml unsweetened almond milk
- 1½ tsp 1½ tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp unsweetened apple sauce
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp coconut oil, for frying
- In a medium-sized bowl, mix together the almond flour, protein powder, psyllium husk, cinnamon, and salt.
- Add the almond milk, vanilla extract and applesauce. Stir together until combined, forming a thick batter.
- Melt the coconut oil in a non-stick skillet, over medium heat.
- Scoop about 3 tablespoons of batter into the skillet, using a spatula to smooth the batter into a pancake about 3" (7 cm) in diameter.
- Cook for 3-4 minutes or until the edges begin to firm, and lightly brown. Flip, and continue cooking for 2 - 3 minutes, or until browned and cooked through.
Keeping the pancakes small makes them easier to flip.