- 1 lb 450 g cauliflower
- 3 3 eggeggs
- ½ ½ yellow onion, gratedyellow onions, grated
- 1 teaspoon 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 pinches 2 pinches pepper
- 4 oz. 110 g butter, for frying
Nutrition81% Fat10% Protein7% Carbs
- Remove the cauliflower leaves and shred an appropriate amount of cauliflower coarsely. Save the rest of the cauliflower for another time.
- Mix the shredded cauliflower with the other ingredients in a bowl and let sit for 5–10 minutes.
- Melt a generous amount of butter or oil on medium heat in a big sauce pan. The cooking process will go quicker if you plan to have room for 3–4 pancakes (about 3–4 inches) at a time. Use the oven on low heat to keep the first batches of pancakes warm while you make the others.
- Place mounds of the grated cauliflower mix in the frying pan and flatten them carefully until they measure about 3–4 inches in diameter.
- Fry for 4–5 minutes on each side, adjust the heat so that they don’t burn. Be patient, if you flip the pancakes too soon they may fall apart.
Serving suggestions: Enjoy them as they are with homemade mayonnaise or spicy butter and leafy greens. Or have as a side dish, a great option to hash browns.