- 1 lb 450 g cauliflower
- 3 3 eggeggs
- ½ ½ yellow onion, gratedyellow onions, grated
- 1 teaspoon 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 pinches 2 pinches pepper
- 4 oz. 110 g butter, for frying
Nutrition81% Fat10% Protein7% Carbs
- Remove cauliflower leaves and shred an appropriate amount of cauliflower coarsely. Bonus: you can save the rest of the cauliflower for another time!
- Mix the shredded cauliflower with the other ingredients in a bowl. Let mixture sit for 5–10 minutes.
- Melt a generous amount of butter or oil on medium heat in a large skillet. The cooking process will go quicker if you plan to have room for 3–4 pancakes (about 3–4 inches each) at a time. Use the oven on low heat to keep the first batches of pancakes warm while you make the others.
- Place scoops of the grated cauliflower mixture in the frying pan and flatten them carefully until they measure about 3–4 inches in diameter.
- Fry for 4–5 minutes on each side. Adjust the heat to make sure they don’t burn. Remember — patience is a virtue — if you flip the pancakes too soon they may fall apart!
Pair these with a fresh, leafy salad for color and crunch.