- 7 oz. 200 g avocado, fleshavocados, flesh
- 1⁄3 cup (1⁄5 oz.) 80 ml (5.5 g) fresh parsley, or fresh cilantro, coarsely chopped
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp water
- 3 tbsp 3 tbsp lime juice
- 1 1 garlic clovegarlic cloves
- 1 1 green chili pepper, stem removed, sliced lengthwise and seededgreen chili peppers, stem removed, sliced lengthwise and seeded (optional)
- ½ tsp ½ tsp salt
- 1⁄3 cup 80 ml olive oil, or avocado oil
- 1 oz. (32⁄3 tbsp) 28 g (55 ml) pistachio nuts, the kernels, dry roasted, unsalted
- salt and ground black pepper
- Add to the avocado flesh, parsley or cilantro, water, lime juice, garlic, green chili pepper, and salt to a blender or food processor bowl. Blend until smooth.
- Add the oil and pistachio kernels. Lightly blend/pulse to create a chunky texture. If the sauce needs thinning, add a bit of oil or water. Salt and pepper to taste.
Store the sauce for 3-4 days in the refrigerator.
You can use it as a dip or dressing for a wide variety of dishes – grilled meat, vegetables, fish or poultry. If you need some more inspiration, check out our Baked eggplant with chorizo – a match made in heaven!
The cost is $9USD a month after the free trial.
You can use whichever you prefer. If you use salted, test the recipe before adding the salt.