- 1 cup 225 ml fresh parsley or
- 1 1 avocadoavocados
- 2⁄3 cup 150 ml olive oil or avocado oil
- ¼ cup 60 ml water
- 2 2 garlic clovegarlic cloves
- 2 2 green chili peppergreen chili peppers (optional)
- ¼ cup 60 ml lime juice
- 1 tsp 1 tsp salt
- 2 oz. 50 g pistachio nuts
- In a blender or food processor, add all the ingredients — except the oil and the pistachio nuts — and mix until smooth.
- Add oil and nuts at the end and mix roughly. It’s nice when the sauce is not too smooth and a bit chunky. Add more oil or water for a thinner texture. Salt and pepper to taste.
Store the sauce for 3-4 days in the refrigerator.
You can use it as a dip or dressing for a wide variety of dishes – grilled meat, vegetables, fish or poultry. If you need some more inspiration, check out our Baked eggplant with chorizo – a match made in heaven!