Wild mushroom soup
Earthy deliciousness or delicious earthiness? You decide. This warm, creamy, and mushroomy low-carb soup is comfort food at its finest. Smooth, and oh so satisfying.
- 4 oz. 110 g butter
- 1 1 shallotshallots
- 5 oz. 150 g portabella mushroomportabella mushrooms
- 5 oz. 150 g oyster mushroomoyster mushrooms
- 5 oz. 150 g shiitake mushroomshiitake mushrooms
- 1 1 garlic clovegarlic cloves
- ½ tsp ½ tsp dried thyme
- 3 cups 700 ml water
- 1 1 chicken bouillon cubechicken bouillon cubes or vegetable bouillon cubevegetable bouillon cubes
- 1 cup 225 ml heavy whipping cream
- ½ lb 225 g celery root
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
- fresh parsley (optional)
- Clean, trim, and chop mushrooms and celery root. Peel and finely chop onion and garlic.
- Sauté chopped vegetables in butter over medium heat in a heavy-bottomed saucepan until golden brown. Save a couple of tablespoons of mushrooms for serving.
- Add thyme, vinegar, bouillon cube and water and bring to a boil. Lower the heat and let it simmer for 15 minutes or until the celery is soft.
- Add the cream and purée with an immersion blender until you reach desired consistency. Serve with finely-chopped parsley and a few pieces of sautéed mushroom on top.
We've called for a trio of mushrooms – portabello, shiitake and oyster mushrooms. But feel free to use a mix of other mushrooms like chanterelles, porcini mushrooms and white button mushrooms.