Wild mushroom soup
- ½ lb 220 g or
- 5 oz. 140 g portobello mushroomportobello mushrooms
- 5 oz. 140 g oyster mushroomoyster mushrooms
- 5 oz. 140 g shiitake mushroomshiitake mushrooms
- 1 (1 oz.) 1 (30 g) shallotshallots
- 1 1 garlic clovegarlic cloves
- 4 oz. 110 g butter
- ½ tsp ½ tsp dried thyme
- 3 cups 700 ml water
- 1 1 chicken bouillon cubechicken bouillon cubes or vegetable bouillon cubevegetable bouillon cubes
- 1 cup 240 ml
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
- fresh parsley (optional)
- Clean, trim, and chop celery root and mushrooms. Peel and finely chop shallot and garlic.
- Sauté chopped vegetables in butter over medium heat in a heavy-bottomed saucepan until golden brown. Save a couple of tablespoons of mushrooms for garnish.
- Add thyme, vinegar, bouillon cube, and water and bring to a boil. Lower the heat and let it simmer for 15 minutes or until the celery is soft.
- Add the cream and purée with an immersion blender until you reach the desired consistency. Serve with finely chopped parsley and a few pieces of sautéed mushroom on top.
We've called for a trio of mushrooms – portobello, shiitake, and oyster mushrooms. But feel free to use a mix of other mushrooms like chanterelles, porcini mushrooms, and white button mushrooms.
Recommended special equipment
Heavy-bottomed saucepan and immersion blender or hand mixer.