Spooky zoodles with tomato sauce and mozzarella
- 1 1 , finely chopped, finely chopped
- 1 1 minced garlic cloveminced garlic cloves
- 4 tbsp 4 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup 225 ml (225 g) crushed tomatoes
- 1 1 vegetable bouillon cubevegetable bouillon cubes (optional)
- ½ cup 125 ml (optional)
- 1 lb 450 g
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp fresh oregano or fresh basil, chopped
- 4 oz. 110 g (225 ml) mozzarella cheese
- 1 oz. 30 g green olives
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp (8 g) pumpkin seeds
- In a saucepan, fry the onion (reserving a few small pieces for decorative fangs) and the garlic in the olive oil. Add crushed tomatoes, bouillon cube (if you are using any), cream and combine well. Simmer for 15 minutes with the lid on.
- Add salt and pepper to taste, and fresh herbs.
- Make zucchini zoodles with the help of a spiralizer. You can use a potato peeler to create wider zoodles if you don't have a spiralizer. Steam the zoodles over salted water for 1-2 minutes, or alternatively, microwave for approximately two minutes.
- Serve the tomato sauce in the middle zoodles to form a face. Top each serving with two rounds of mozzarella to form eyes with sliced olives, filled with a little extra sauce as pupils. Add pumpkin seeds as fangs or teeth.
- Enjoy with a little laughter and screams.
To make this recipe lower carb, add cream to the recipe. This will however make the tomato sauce much lighter in color.
If you're in a hurry, skip the first step and use ready-made tomato sauce, just make sure you choose a brand with no sugar added.
Serve with a side of eggy spiders to make this a complete (and spooky) meal.