Portabello mushrooms with fries and aioli
- 1 cup 240 ml mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp chili powder
- 2 2 garlic clove, mincedgarlic cloves, minced
- 4 (12 oz.) 4 (325 g) portobello mushroomportobello mushrooms
- 12 (7 oz.) 12 (200 g) cherry tomatoes
- 2 oz. (9 tbsp) 55 g (130 ml) , sliced, sliced
- 2 2 red chili pepper, slicedred chili peppers, sliced
- 4 oz. 110 g butter or olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 1 lb 450 g or
- 2 cups 475 ml oil for frying or coconut oil
- Mix together mayonnaise, chili powder, and garlic. Place in the refrigerator while you are preparing the rest of the dish.
- Remove the stem and fry the mushrooms for 10 minutes on each side until soft and thoroughly cooked. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Fry tomatoes, sliced scallions, and chili in a separate pan. Keep vegetables and mushrooms hot while making the fritters.
- Peel the root celery or rutabaga and slice into 0.5" (1–2 cm) rods. Place in ice-cold water for ten minutes. Remove and dry off.
- Heat the oil to about 350°F (180°C). Keep your pot or deep fryer under constant supervision.
- Do not put all the fries in at once, or the oil will cool down.
- Deep fry until the fries turn golden. Put on paper towels and salt to taste.