- 1½ lbs 700 g chicken thighs or chicken breastchicken breasts
- 3½ oz. 100 g red pesto or green pesto
- 12⁄3 cups 400 ml heavy whipping cream
- 8 tablespoons 120 ml pitted olives
- ½ lb 225 g feta cheese, diced
- 1 1 garlic clove, finely choppedgarlic cloves, finely chopped
- salt and pepper
- butter, for frying
- 1⁄3 lb 150 g leafy greens
- olive oil
- sea salt
Nutrition76% Fat21% Protein3% Carbs
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Cut the chicken thighs or filets into pieces. Season with salt and pepper and fry in butter until golden brown.
- Mix pesto and heavy cream in a bowl.
- Place the fried chicken pieces in a baking dish together with olives, feta cheese and garlic. Add the pesto.
- Bake in oven for 20-30 minutes, until the dish turns bubbly and light brown around the edges.
A simple side dish of field greens or crunchy romaine complements the rich flavors. Or, lightly sautéed asparagus or green beans work, too.
Other suggested side dishes
Get started challenge
This recipe and the ones below are examples of the delicious meals you have on our Get started challenge. We provide a meal plan and all the knowledge and support you need to make low carb simple. It’s free and you can sign up at any time!