Low-carb zucchini and walnut salad
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp olive oil
- ¾ cup 175 ml mayonnaise
- 2 tsp 2 tsp lemon juice
- 1 1 garlic clovegarlic cloves
- ½ tsp ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp ¼ tsp chili powder
- 2 2 zucchini
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 1 1 head of Romaine lettuce
- 4 oz. 110 g arugula lettuce
- ¼ cup 60 ml finely chopped fresh chives or scallionscallions
- ¾ cup 175 ml chopped walnuts or pecans
- In a small bowl, whisk together all ingredients for the dressing. Reserve the dressing to develop flavor while you make the salad.
- Split the zucchini length-wise and scoop out the seeds. Cut the zucchini halves crosswise into ½-inch pieces.
- Heat olive oil in a frying pan over medium heat, until it shimmers. Add zucchini to the pan, and season with salt and pepper. Sauté until lightly browned but still firm.
- Trim and cut the salad. Place the romaine, arugula and chives in a large bowl. Stir in the cooked zucchini.
- Roast the nuts briefly in the same pan as the zucchini. Season with salt and pepper. Spoon nuts onto salad, and drizzle with salad dressing.
Let your imagination soar! This dressing pairs beautifully with other salads – or even as a refreshingly cool sauce for meat or fish. Make up extra dressing to keep on hand. It stores well for at least 5 days in the refrigerator. The zucchini salad is super flexible too! Try it as the perfect base for hearty grilled beef, chicken or fish.