Low-carb vegetable soup with fennel and celery root
- 11 oz. 300 g fresh fennel, finely chopped, with the green part included
- 8 oz. 230 g finely chopped
- 1 1 garlic clove finely choppedgarlic cloves finely chopped
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp 1 tsp coriander seed
- ¼ tsp ¼ tsp ground nutmeg
- 3½ cups 850 ml water
- 1 1 vegetable bouillon cubevegetable bouillon cubes
- 5 oz. 140 g butter
- 1 1 lemon, juicelemons, juice
- salt and ground black pepper
- ¼ cup (1⁄10 oz.) 60 ml (2.25 g) fresh dill or , chopped
- 10 oz. 280 g smoked salmon or cooked and peeled shrimp or fried halloumi cheese (optional)
- Fry all vegetables in oil in a big pot over high heat for a few minutes. Add coriander seeds and nutmeg. Stir and fry for another minute. Add water and bouillon cube.
- Bring to a boil and lower the heat. Let simmer for about 10 minutes or until everything is soft. Add butter and lemon juice and stir.
- Remove from the heat and use an immersion blender to mix to desired consistency. Season to taste with more salt and pepper. Garnish with fresh dill.
- Serve the soup as it is or topped with optional additions like smoked salmon, cooked and peeled shrimp, or fried cubes of halloumi cheese.
Try other real food toppings like sour cream, shredded parmesan, or toasted nuts or seeds.