Low carb chocolate fudge
- 2 cups 475 ml
- 1 tsp 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 oz. 85 g butter
- 3 oz. 85 g dark chocolate with a minimum of 80% cocoa solids
- Boil heavy cream and vanilla in a heavy bottomed sauce pan. Let it boil for a minute and lower the heat and simmer.
- Simmer the cream until it is reduced to half the amount – it will take about 20 minutes or more depending on how big the pan is and the temperature. Stir occasionally.
- Lower the heat and add room temperature butter. Stir into a smooth batter. Remove from heat.
- Chop chocolate into small pieces. Add to the warm cream mixture and stir until the chocolate has melted. Add additional flavorings if desired.
- Pour into a baking dish, about 7x7 inches (18 x 18 cm), and let cool in the refrigerator for a few hours. Bring out and sprinkle cocoa powder on top. Cut into pieces and serve cold.
- This fudge can be kept in the freezer and doesn't need to be thawed. It will be ready to enjoy after just a minute or two at room temperature.
The fudge is delicious as it is, but you can also add a flavor of your choice. Try some instant coffee, licorice powder, peppermint oil or citrus zest. Cinnamon and pumpkin pie spice gives the fudge a holiday flavoring. If you're bold you can try a sprinkle of smoked chili or sea salt on top. Experiment with the amount; start with 1-2 teaspoons of flavoring.