Keto white pizza with mushrooms and pesto
- 2 oz. 50 g mushrooms
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp green pesto
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp olive oil
- ½ cup 125 ml sour cream or crème fraîche
- 3 oz. 75 g shredded cheese
- salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 350°F(175°C).
- Whisk together eggs and mayonnaise. Add remaining ingredients and combine well. Let sit for 5 minutes.
- With the help of a lightly oiled rolling pin or spatula, spread out the batter on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. It shouldn't be thicker than ½ inch (1 cm).
- Bake for 10 minutes. The crust should be a light golden brown; don't overdo it. Remove from oven and let it cool for a few minutes. Turn crust out onto a rack or cutting board and remove parchment paper.
- Cut the mushrooms in thin slices and mix with pesto and olive oil in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper, and combine well.
- Spread a layer of sour cream (or crème fraiche) on the crust. Top with cheese and the mushroom mixture.
- Place pizza back onto baking sheet (with parchment paper) and return to the oven and bake for 5-10 minutes or until the cheese has melted. Ensure that the edges don't get too much color.
- Serve with a fresh salad.
If you want a more colorful pizza pizza, you can add sautéed onions and broccoli.
This almond flour-based dough satiates way more than others. You can also make smaller pizza portions that are great for snacks.
Feel free to reheat the pizza the day after! Light up your kids' faces (and your own!) by taking their lunchboxes to the next level.
You can make an extra crust to keep in the fridge for 2-3 days or freeze for future use. When in need of a quick meal, you only have to fix the topping.