Keto spring deviled eggs
- 12 12 large egglarge eggs
- ¼ tsp ¼ tsp salt
- ½ cup 120 ml mayonnaise
- 3 tsp 3 tsp Dijon mustard
- ½ tsp ½ tsp white pepper
- 1 tsp 1 tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp ½ tsp turmeric
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp or fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp baby spinach, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp canned beets, mashed
- ½ tsp ½ tsp cider vinegar
- Bring a large pot of water to a rapid boil. With a large spoon, slowly add the eggs to the water one at a time. Boil for 10 minutes, then quickly drain the water from the pot and fill with cold water and ice. Let the eggs cool for 2 minutes in ice water before peeling.
- Carefully cut your eggs in halves and remove the yolks. Combine all of the yolks in a large bowl with the salt, mayonnaise, mustard, pepper and garlic powder. Mix until smooth.
- Distribute the yolk mix into three smaller bowls. To make the yellow eggs, add the turmeric to one bowl and mix until smooth then spoon the mix into 8 egg white shells.
- To make the green eggs, mix the spinach and herbs into another small bowl of yolk mix. Use an immersion blender to mix well until the mix turns green. Use a clean spoon to scoop the green mix into 8 egg white shells.
- To make the pink eggs, mix the mashed beets and vinegar into the last bowl of yolk mix. Clean the immersion blender and use it to mix until smooth. Use a spoon to scoop filling into 8 egg white shells.
- Serve right away, or set in the fridge on a tray until time to serve.
If you don’t have an immersion blender, make a paste with the spinach and herbs using a mortar and pestle before adding it to the yolk mix. Same with the beets.
If you can’t find canned beets, you can peel, dice and boil a small beet at home and use this to make beet paste. You don’t need a lot, which is why I recommend using canned beets to save time.
Instead of a spoon for distributing the filling, you can also grab a small zip lock bag, load the filling into the bag, seal it, and clip a bottom corner. Simply squeeze the filling into the egg white shells.