Keto spring deviled eggs
These edible keto Easter eggs are made by using real food ingredients to color the creamy egg yolk fillings. Three fun flavors with spiced turmeric, spinach herb and tangy beet!
- 12 12 large egglarge eggs
- ¼ tsp ¼ tsp salt
- ½ cup 120 ml mayonnaise
- 3 tsp 3 tsp Dijon mustard
- ½ tsp ½ tsp white pepper
- 1 tsp 1 tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp ½ tsp turmeric
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp fresh cilantro or fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp baby spinach, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp canned beets, mashed
- ½ tsp ½ tsp cider vinegar
This recipe has been added to the shopping list.
Making low carb simple
- Bring a large pot of water to a rapid boil. With a large spoon, slowly add the eggs to the water one at a time. Boil for 10 minutes, then quickly drain the water from the pot and fill with cold water and ice. Let the eggs cool for 2 minutes in ice water before peeling.
- Carefully cut your eggs in halves and remove the yolks. Combine all of the yolks in a large bowl with the salt, mayonnaise, mustard, pepper and garlic powder. Mix until smooth.
- Distribute the yolk mix into three smaller bowls. To make the yellow eggs, add the turmeric to one bowl and mix until smooth then spoon the mix into 8 egg white shells.
- To make the green eggs, mix the spinach and herbs into another small bowl of yolk mix. Use an immersion blender to mix well until the mix turns green. Use a clean spoon to scoop the green mix into 8 egg white shells.
- To make the pink eggs, mix the mashed beets and vinegar into the last bowl of yolk mix. Clean the immersion blender and use it to mix until smooth. Use a spoon to scoop filling into 8 egg white shells.
- Serve right away, or set in the fridge on a tray until time to serve.