Get your veggie on with this grilled Mediterranean masterpiece. A fresh combo of grilled vegetables, olives, nuts, and cheese make for a tasty keto plate. And the finishing touch? A drizzle of olive oil and lemon, of course!
- ½ ½ eggplant
- ½ ½ zucchini
- 4 tablespoons 60 ml olive oil
- ½ ½ lemon, the juice
- 7 oz. 200 g cheddar cheese
- 10 10 black olives
- 2 tablespoons 2 tablespoons almonds
- ½ cup 125 ml mayonnaise or crème fraîche
- 1 oz. 30 g leafy greens
- salt and pepper
- Slice eggplant and zucchini into half inch-thick slices lengthwise. Salt on both sides and let them sit for 5-10 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 450°F (225°C), or, even better, set oven to broil.
- Use paper towels or a clean kitchen towel to pat zucchini and eggplant until dry on surface.
- Place the slices on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Brush olive oil on top and season with pepper.
- Bake (or broil) for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown on both sides, flipping once half way through. You can also fry the vegetables in a large skillet or cook on a grill.
- When done, place on a serving platter. Drizzle olive oil and freshly-squeezed lemon juice on top.
- Serve with cheese cubes, almonds, olives, mayonnaise or crème fraiche and leafy greens.
Dry roast the almonds (in a 250°F oven for about an hour) for even more flavor. Stir warm nuts with almond oil and salt for a perfect finish.