Keto coconut porridge
- 1 1 egg, beateneggs, beaten
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp
- ¼ tsp ¼ tsp ground psyllium husk powder
- ¼ tsp ¼ tsp salt
- 1 oz. 28 g butter or coconut oil
- 4 tbsp 4 tbsp
- In a small bowl, combine the egg, coconut flour, psyllium husk powder and salt.
- Over low heat, melt the butter and coconut cream. Slowly whisk in the egg mixture, combining until you achieve a creamy, thick texture.
- Serve with coconut milk or cream. Top your porridge with a few fresh or frozen berries and enjoy!
Tip from our Dietitian
If enjoying this porridge for breakfast we recommend increasing the protein for a more filling and nutritious meal.
If you tolerate dairy you could add 2 tbsp whey protein isolate per serving.
If you don't eat dairy products, have a couple of eggs on the side.
If you find yourself with leftover coconut milk, put some into your next smoothie. It will thicken it up a bit and make it richer and more filling.
This is a breakfast idea from Fanny Lindkvist, who runs a popular Swedish blog and the Instagram account LessCarbs.