Keto coconut lime cupcakes
- 3 3 eggeggs
- 2⁄3 cup 150 ml (110 g) erythritol, granulated
- 7 tsp 7 tsp unsalted butter, melted
- 2 tsp 2 tsp (10 g) baking powder
- 1 pinch 1 pinch salt
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp (8 g) ground psyllium husk powder
- 2⁄3 cup 150 ml (50 g) unsweetened shredded coconut
- 2⁄3 cup 150 ml (75 g)
- ½ tsp ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 2 2 eggeggs
- 1 1 egg yolkegg yolks
- ¼ cup 60 ml powdered erythritol
- 3 3 lime, the zest and juicelimes, the zest and juice
- 11 tbsp 11 tbsp butter
- 24 24 fresh redcurrantfresh redcurrants (optional)
- 1 1 lime, in wedgeslimes, in wedges (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (177°C).
- Whisk eggs and sweetener until fluffy. Pour in the melted butter. Add the baking powder, salt, psyllium husk, and whisk to combine.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and keep whisking until you get a smooth batter. Allow to swell for a few minutes.
- Shape small balls of the batter and place in the muffin moulds. Bake for 15 minutes or until they have a nice color and are baked through. Allow to cool.
- Over medium high heat, whisk eggs, sweetener and lime until it starts to thicken. Be careful so it doesn't start boiling, then it will turn into scrambled eggs.
- Remove from the heat. Add the butter in pieces and stir until it has melted.
- Place the cream in the refrigerator until it thickens.
- To make the cupcakes, pipe or spoon a little lime cream on top of each muffin.
- If you want, top each cupcake with a red currant and decorate the serving tray with lime wedges. Keep chilled in the refrigerator until serving time.