Keto Christmas cupcakes with orange frosting
- 4 oz. 110 g butter, melted
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp ground cardamom (green)
- 1 tsp 1 tsp ground cloves
- 1 tsp 1 tsp ground ginger
- ½ cup 120 ml
- 1 tsp 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2½ cups (10 oz.) 600 ml (280 g) almond flour
- 3 tbsp 3 tbsp ground psyllium husk powder
- 2 tsp 2 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp ½ tsp salt
- 6 6 large egglarge eggs
- ½ cup (32⁄3 oz.) 120 ml (110 g) erythritol
- 10 oz. (1¼ cups) 280 g (290 ml) cream cheese room temperature
- 2 oz. 55 g butter, room temperature
- ¼ cup (1¾ oz.) 60 ml (55 g) erythritol
- 1 1 orange, zestoranges, zest
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp fresh cranberries or lingonberries (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C). Prepare a 12-cup muffin tin by greasing or lining with paper liners.
- Use a small bowl to combine the melted butter, cinnamon, cardamom, cloves, ginger, and heavy cream. Set aside.
- In a medium-sized bowl, mix the almond flour with psyllium fiber powder, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- In another bowl, beat the eggs, vanilla extract, and sweetener with an electric mixer until the sweetener has dissolved and the eggs are frothy. Beat in the butter mixture and the flour mixture a little at a time, continuously mixing at low speed.
- Let the batter rest for a few minutes. Use two spoons to scoop the batter into the prepared muffin tins. Divide the batter evenly among the wells.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until the tops are just firm to the touch. Let cool completely before frosting.
- Use a hand mixer to blend the cream cheese and butter until smooth and creamy. Whip in the sweetener and orange zest. Let rest in the fridge for 1 hour.
- Use a piping bag to top the cupcakes with frosting. Garnish with cranberries, orange, or lingonberries if desired.
Recommended special equipment
- Electric mixer
- Cupcake molds / 12-cup muffin tin