Keto chocolate monster cupcakes
- ¾ cup (3 oz.) 180 ml (85 g) almond flour or hazelnut flour
- 1⁄3 cup (1 oz.) 80 ml (30 g) cocoa powder
- ¾ cup (5½ oz.) 180 ml (160 g) granulated erythritol
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1½ tsp 1½ tsp vanilla extract
- 2 pinches 2 pinches salt
- 6 6 egg, beateneggs, beaten
- ½ cup 120 ml melted coconut oil or butter
- 1½ oz. 45 g coarsely chopped sugar-free dark chocolate (look for stevia, erythritol, and/or monk fruit in the ingredients)
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp matcha green tea powder
- 2 cups 475 ml
- 12 12 small fresh strawberries
- 2 tsp 2 tsp roasted unsweetened coconut chips
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Combine dry ingredients in a small bowl. Add eggs, melted coconut oil or butter, and chocolate. Mix until smooth.
- Place liners in a cupcake pan, and fill them halfway.
- Bake for about 15 minutes or until it’s springy to the touch when pressing gently in the middle.
- Allow the cupcakes to completely cool on a rack before decorating.
- Whisk the matcha green tea powder into a small amount of heavy whipping cream, to begin with. Ensure any green tea powders lumps have gone before adding the remaining heavy whipping cream.
- Beat with an electric whisk or beater until light and fluffy.
- Scoop a large tablespoon of cream onto the cooled cupcakes.
- Finally decorate with a strawberry, adding toasted coconut pieces into the strawberries as teeth, eyes, or fangs.
Special occasion? As an alternative to whipped cream, why not try some keto buttercream and pipe a nice rosette on top.
Recommended special equipment
- Cupcake tray
- Cupcake liners
- A handheld or stand mixer