Halloumi burger with rutabaga fries
- 4 4 eggeggs
- 1½ tbsp 1½ tbsp ground psyllium husk powder
- 2 tsp 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 2 cups (8 oz.) 475 ml (220 g) mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 lb 450 g , peeled and sliced into strips
- 6 tbsp 6 tbsp coconut oil
- poppy seeds
- sea salt
- Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Use an electric mixer to beat the eggs until fluffy, about 5 minutes.
- Mix dry ingredients, add the shredded cheese, and then combine into the eggs, stirring well. Let sit to swell and rise for 10 minutes.
- Distribute two equal piles of batter on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper per serving. Bake on the middle rack of the oven for 10–15 minutes until golden.
- Keep the oven temperature to 400°F (200°C).
- In a medium-sized bowl, mix melted coconut oil and cut rutabaga so that all strips are covered. Season with salt.
- Place the strips on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, or on a rack on a baking sheet. Bake in the oven until golden brown and soft inside (about 40 minutes), turning once while baking.
- Mix sour cream, mayonnaise and ajvar relish to make up the dressing. Let cool in refrigerator.
- Fry the halloumi cheese in butter or coconut oil until it turns a nice color and is soft, about 10 minutes.
- Build the burger and serve.