Golden low-carb granola
- 8 oz. 230 g pecans or hazelnuts or almonds
- 2½ oz. (¾ cup) 70 g (200 ml) unsweetened finely shredded coconut
- 5 oz. (1 cup) 140 g (240 ml) sunflower seeds
- 4 tbsp 4 tbsp pumpkin seeds
- 4 tbsp 4 tbsp sesame seeds
- 4½ oz. (¾ cup) 130 g (180 ml) flaxseed
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp turmeric
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp ground cinnamon
- 2 tsp 2 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ cup (2 oz.) 120 ml (55 g) almond flour
- 1 cup 240 ml water
- 4 tbsp 4 tbsp coconut oil
- 10 cups 2.4 liters full fat Greek yogurt or
- Preheat the oven to 300°F (150°C). Chop the nuts coarsely in a food processor or with a sharp knife. Mix all ingredients in a bowl.
- Spread out on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Roast in the oven for 20 minutes. Be sure to set a timer. Nuts and seeds are heat sensitive and should not get burned.
- Remove from the oven and stir the mixture, then return to the oven for about 20 minutes more. Check again. When the granola feels almost dry, turn off the heat and let the granola cool in the residual heat of the cooling oven.
- Serve the granola with full-fat Greek yogurt with a tiny bit of vanilla powder and maybe some additional heavy cream. The granola is very nutritious and filling. A third to half a cup (1 dl) will go a long way.