Golden low-carb granola
- 8 oz. 225 g pecans or hazelnuts or almonds
- ¾ cup 175 ml [60 g] unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1 cup 240 ml sunflower seeds
- 4 tbsp 60 ml pumpkin seeds
- 4 tbsp 60 ml sesame seeds
- ¾ cup 175 ml flaxseed
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp turmeric
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp ground cinnamon
- 2 tsp 2 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ cup 125 ml [60 g] almond flour
- 1 cup 240 ml water
- 4 tbsp 60 ml coconut oil
- 10 cups 2.5 liters Greek yogurt
- Preheat the oven to 300°F (150°C). Chop the nuts coarsely in a food processor or with a sharp knife. Mix all ingredients in a bowl.
- Spread out on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Roast in the oven for 20 minutes. Be sure to set a timer. Nuts and seeds are heat sensitive and should not get burned.
- Remove from the oven and stir the mixture, then return to the oven for about 20 minutes more. Check again. When the granola feels almost dry, turn off the heat and let the granola cool in the residual heat of the cooling oven.
- Serve the granola with full-fat Greek yogurt with a tiny bit of vanilla powder and maybe some additional heavy cream. The granola is very nutritious and filling. A third to half a cup will go a long way.
If you want to omit the nuts, add more seeds and/or coconut chips. You will want to make sure that the ratio between the dry and wet ingredients is about the same.
This granola tastes great on salads, too. You could also try it with some dried fruit like cherries or cranberries, but go easy. (Because carbs.)
Package the granola in a nice glass jar with a ribbon and give it as a gift! We said it before... there’s nothing like homemade granola!