Fried halloumi with roasted peppers
- 4 (1 lb) 4 (475 g)
- ¾ cup (4¾ oz.) 180 ml (140 g) Greek yogurt (4% fat)
- 2 oz. 55 g cucumber, diced
- 2 oz. 55 g dill pickle, choppeddill pickles, chopped
- ½ tsp ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- 2 tsp 2 tsp dried mint
- 1¼ lbs 550 g halloumi cheese
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp 1 tsp dried oregano
- Preheat the oven to 450°F (225°F) if possible, using the oven's broil function.
- Place the bell peppers on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. The peppers can be whole or divided, depending on size and kind. Broil until the skin starts bubbling and turning a little black. It will take about 10-15 minutes, depending on the oven. Turn them after half the time. You can also use an outdoor grill or a grill pan.
- Mix all ingredients for the cucumber salad in a bowl.
- Example second step.
- Fry the cheese in a large frying pan with olive oil, a few minutes on each side until it got golden color. Place cheese, bell peppers, and cucumber salad on plates. Season with oregano and serve.
To minimize splattering, dry off excess liquid from the cheese before adding it to the frying pan. You can also garnish the dish with fresh oregano, for an extra floral layer to the dish.