Egg-free keto almond butter pancakes with chia
- ¼ cup (12⁄3 oz.) 60 ml (50 g) chia seeds, crushed
- 3 tbsp 3 tbsp pea protein powder (unflavored)
- 2 tsp 2 tsp ground psyllium husk powder
- ½ tsp ½ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp ¼ tsp ground cinnamon
- ¾ cup 180 ml unsweetened almond milk
- 3 tbsp 3 tbsp almond butter, melted
- 1 tsp 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 4 tbsp 4 tbsp coconut oil for frying
- Mix together the dry ingredients in a bowl.
- Stir in the almond milk, almond butter, and vanilla extract to form a thick batter.
- Heat a skillet with coconut oil on medium-high heat until the coconut oil is melted and the skillet is hot.
- Scoop about 3 tablespoons of batter into the skillet per pancake, using a spatula to smooth the batter into a pancake about 3" (7 cm) in diameter.
- Let cook on medium-high heat for 3-4 minutes or until the edges begin to firm up. When the edges are firm, flip the pancake to the other side and continue to cook for 2-3 minutes or until browned and cooked through.
Keeping the pancakes small helps to make them easier to flip.