Creamy dairy-free keto vanilla ice cream
- 6 6 large egg yolkslarge eggs yolks
- 1 cup 240 ml
- 1¼ cups 300 ml unsweetened almond milk
- 1⁄3 cup (2½ oz.) 80 ml (70 g) xylitol
- 1⁄3 cup 80 ml mild flavored oil avocado oil
- 2 tsp 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1⁄8 tsp 1⁄8 tsp salt (optional)
- In a heavy saucepan over low heat, heat the coconut milk and almond milk, stirring with a whisk. Add the egg yolks. Continue whisking on low heat until the custard begins to thicken.
- Add the sweetener and whisk until completely dissolved. Continue heating, whisking constantly, until the custard thickens, about 10 minutes.
- When the custard coats the back of a wooden spoon or reaches 140°F (60°C) on a thermometer, remove the pan from the heat. Do not allow the mixture to warm to over 140°F (60°C) or the eggs will begin to cook.
- Add the oil, vanilla, salt, and mix together in a blender. Allow the ice cream to cool in the refrigerator.
- When the ice cream mixture is cool, freeze in an ice cream maker, following the manufacturer’s directions. Continue processing the ice cream until it is frozen or reaches your desired consistency. Store in the freezer.