Saganaki cheese salad with mint dip
- ½ cup (3 oz.) 120 ml (90 g) Greek yogurt (4% fat)
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp fresh mint, chopped or 1/4 the amount of dried mint
- 1 1 garlic clove, mincedgarlic cloves, minced
- salt and ground black pepper
- 10 oz. 280 g saganaki cheese or halloumi cheese
- 2 oz. (1½ cups) 55 g (350 ml) lettuce
- ½ ½ lemon, wedgeslemons, wedges
- Combine ingredients for the mint dip and set aside while you prepare the rest.
- Put saganaki or halloumi cheese in a heated nonstick pan, without any fat. Fry for 2-3 minutes without moving it. The edges melt fast, which is normal, so apply some pressure with a spatula to even it out before flipping.
- Flip and fry other side for 2-3 minutes, until it gets a nice golden brown color. Gently remove from pan and cut into pieces.
- Serve immediately on a bed of lettuce with lemon wedges and mint dip.
In the mood for some melted cheese goodness but can't find saganaki? Our Halloumi fries with avocado dip will satisfy you – guaranteed!