Saganaki cheese salad with mint dip
- ½ cup (3 oz.) 120 ml (90 g) Greek yogurt (4% fat)
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp fresh mint, chopped or 1/4 the amount of dried mint
- 1 1 garlic clove, mincedgarlic cloves, minced
- salt and ground black pepper
- 10 oz. 280 g saganaki cheese or
- 2 oz. (1½ cups) 55 g (350 ml) lettuce
- ½ ½ lemon, wedgeslemons, wedges
- Combine ingredients for the mint dip and set aside while you prepare the rest.
- Place saganaki or halloumi cheese in a hot, dry, non-stick pan. Fry for 2-3 minutes without moving it. The edges melt fast, which is normal, so apply some pressure with a spatula to even it out before flipping.
- Flip and fry other side for 2-3 minutes until it has a nice golden brown color. Gently remove from pan and cut into pieces.
- Serve immediately on a bed of lettuce with lemon wedges and mint dip.
In the mood for some melted cheese goodness but can't find saganaki? Our Halloumi fries with avocado dip is just as good!