Saganaki salad with mint dip
- 10 oz. 280 g saganaki cheese or halloumi cheese
- 1 cup (61⁄3 oz.) 240 ml (180 g) Greek yogurt (4% fat)
- ¼ cup (¾ oz.) 60 ml (23 g) fresh mint, chopped
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp olive oil
- salt and ground black pepper
- 2 oz. (1½ cups) 55 g (350 ml) lettuce
- 1 1 lemonlemons
- Combine ingredients for mint dip and set aside while you prepare the rest.
- Put saganaki cheese in a heated nonstick pan, without butter or oil. Fry for 2-3 minutes without touching it. The edges melt fast, which is normal, so apply some pressure with a spatula to even it out before flipping.
- Flip and fry other side for 2-3 minutes, until it gets a nice golden brown color. Gently remove from pan and cut into pieces.
- Serve immediately on a bed of lettuce with lemon slices and mint dip.
In the mood for some melted cheese goodness but can't find saganaki? Try our Halloumi fries with avocado dip for a guaranteed success.