Pecan chocolate thins
- 4 oz. 110 g dark chocolate with a minimum of 80% cocoa solids
- ¼ tsp ¼ tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp 1 tsp (3 g) licorice powder
- 1 oz. 30 g chopped pecans
- Melt the chocolate in a sauce pan on low heat or in a microwave oven. Stir in vanilla and licorice. Let cool for a few minutes until the chocolate begins to thicken. It should not be too liquid.
- Pour onto a parchment paper lined baking sheet or tray and sprinkle the nuts on top. Let cool to set completely. Once set, crack into about 15 pieces. Store in the fridge in a tightly sealed container.
These thins are best when served the same day. (Licorice powder may make the chocolate look a little grainy after a while.) The pecans are tasty raw or dry roasted—try it both ways!