Low-carb Spanish garlic shrimp
- 1⁄3 cup 80 ml olive oil
- 1½ oz. 45 g garlic clove, peeled and choppedgarlic cloves, peeled and chopped
- 1 tsp 1 tsp chili flakes
- 1¼ lbs 550 g shrimp, peeled with the tail left on
- 1 tsp 1 tsp salt
- 3 tbsp 3 tbsp fresh parsley, minced
- 1 1 lemon cut into wedges, to servelemons cut into wedges, to serve
- Heat the oil over medium low heat in a large (11” [28cm]) cast iron pan.
- Stir in the garlic and chili flakes, cover and cook for five minutes, or until the garlic turns a light yellow color, stirring regularly to cook it evenly.
- In the meantime, season the shrimp with salt and let them rest for the five minutes.
- Once the garlic has turned a light yellow color, increase the heat to medium and stir in the shrimp. Distribute the shrimp so none is piled on top of another, and cook until it turns bright pink, turning to cook evenly on both sides.
- Remove from the heat and mix with the parsley.
- Garnish the shrimp with the lemon wedges to serve.