Low-carb pumpkin pie
- 2⁄3 cup 160 ml
- ½ tsp ½ tsp vanilla extract (optional)
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp powdered erythritol (optional)
- ground cinnamon, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Add the butter, almond flour, hazelnut flour, sweetener, cinnamon, vanilla, and salt to a medium-sized bowl. Mix together until crumbly, and well combined.
- Evenly press the crust mixture over the bottom and sides of a 9" (23 cm), un-greased pie plate. Set aside.
- In a medium-sized bowl, use a hand mixer to combine the pumpkin purée, sweetener, butter, cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice, and salt. Pour in the egg and the heavy whipping cream, and mix until just combined.
- Pour the filling into the pie crust. Place aluminum foil or a pie shield along the crust edges, to prevent browning too quickly. Bake on the middle oven rack for 35-40 minutes, or until the filling is just set.
- Cool on a wire rack for 2 hours, or until at room temperature. Serve at room temperature or refrigerate for several hours before serving.
- Add the heavy cream, vanilla, and sweetener to a medium-sized bowl. Using an electric mixer, whisk at medium speed, until soft peaks form.
- For serving, slice the pie, and top with a dollop of whipped cream, and a sprinkle of cinnamon if desired.
Whipped cream topping
This pie can be covered and refrigerated for 3-4 days.