Two words. Onion. Rings. Need we say more? Make this low-carb, gluten-free rendition. They go perfectly with burgers, chicken... anything grilled. So simple and sooo delicious. Life is good!
- 1 1 jumbo onionjumbo onions
- 1 1 eggeggs
- 1 cup 240 ml almond flour
- 8 tablespoons 120 ml grated parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ tablespoon ½ tablespoon chili powder or paprika powder
- 1 pinch 1 pinch salt
- 1 tablespoon 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C), or turn on the broiler.
- Peel the onion and slice into rings, about ⅕ inch thick.
- Mix the dry ingredients in a bowl. Whisk the egg in another bowl.
- Dip the onion rings in the egg batter and then in the flour mix, one at a time.
- Place the rings on a baking sheet covered with parchment paper.
- Drizzle or spray oil on the rings and bake in the oven for 15–20 minutes. If you are using the broiler, keep a close eye on them; they're done when golden brown and crisp.
To get the smell of onion off of your hands, rub your fingers with lemon juice or vinegar.